Do you have a background in law? Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Would you like to be part of a company revolutionising how organisations access legal information in Africa?
Afriwise is looking for a Mid-level to Senior Editor to assist in maintaining and keeping its African legal content up to date.
The ideal candidate has a background in law, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, is deadline and detail-oriented, and has experience reviewing and editing legal content. The position will initially be part-time on a contract basis, with the option of it becoming full-time once the full assessment period is completed.
- Monitoring legal developments in various African jurisdictions
- Assessing the impact of legal developments on the Afriwise legal content
- Sending update requests to contributing authors of the content (legal experts) and obtaining updated categories back within set timeframes
- Reviewing, editing and implementing legal content updates received from the contributing authors, in line with Afriwise’s editorial processes and guides
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in legal writing and/or legal practice
- Proficient editing, review and writing skills
- Excellent command of English, especially plain English
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Project management silks and the ability to effectively manage several tasks at once
- Ability to carry out editing assignments within tight deadlines under general supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with contributing authors, colleagues and others
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Persistence, adaptability and agility
- Be part of Africa’s most innovative development in the legal sector
- Work in a legal-tech, content-focused, fast-paced and highly innovative environment
- Flexible working hours and schedule
- Long-term career opportunities
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a rigorous assessment.
Applicants should send their CVs, with a brief covering email to email@example.com using the subject line: “Maintenance Editor”.
Afriwise is an award-winning online platform that combines technology and the collective knowledge of Africa’s top lawyers to offer businesses a new way to find the local legal information they need.